08 Jan #FreshGLBlacing Contest
Crack open those fresh cans or bottles of GLB, polish those GLB glasses, pour beer into the glass and drink – what a novel idea! Take a picture of that beautiful lacing, post on Instagram and become beer famous! The #FreshGLBlacing contest returns.
We love seeing lacing on any of the multiple GLB glasses we stock, and last years contest received so many amazing entries, so we decided another go at it would be a great way to kick off the new year.
Want to play? Here’s how you can…
Post your lacing images on your Instagram account, tag @GreatLakesBeer and use the hashtag #FreshGLBlacing. Tell us where you took the picture and what GLB beer provided the lacing. And be sure to follow the @GreatLakesBeer account. The contest will run from Monday January 8th to Monday January 21st.
Why is lacing so significant to us?
- It shows/tells the drinker that the beer was fresh and made using quality ingredients.
- Beer clean glass – yes, lacing lets you know that the beer glass was beer clean.
- If at a bar or restaurant – lines are clean, beer served at a good temperature.
- You know you’re getting a great beer experience when points 1-3 line up.
- It’s cool – it can remind you of how many sips your took to the bottom of the glass. Like counting the rings of a tree to determine its age
GLB staff will pore over all the submissions on Tuesday January 22nd and select three winners. Gold, Silver, Bronze.
Gold – An unreal GLB swag package, personal tour and tasting at GLB with owner and brewer, and a high-five
Silver – An unreal GLB swag package and a high-five
Bronze – A collection of GLB glassware currently available at the retail store…and a high-five
- When you submit your photo, GLB has the right to repost the image and also use it in future contests, promotions, marketing material, point of sale documents
- No limit on photo submissions
- Must be resident of Ontario, Canada (To win GOLD)
- Must be 19 years of age
- Contest closes on Monday January 21st
- GLB not responsible for travel related costs for Gold prize winner