19 Feb GLB Job Posting – Cellarman
Great Lakes Brewery – Cellarman (Full-time)
GLB is seeking an experienced, skilled, enthusiastic and hardworking craft beer lover to join our growing team in the brewhouse in a cellarman capacity. The primary focus of this position, but not exclusively, is providing support to our award-winning brewing team through various cellaring and brewing activities. The position is extremely task driven and needs an individual who is able to multi-task and deal with the production team, suppliers and the whole GLB team as a whole, with attention to detail being of the utmost importance. This role will touch all areas of the brewhouse from time to time; production, cellaring, inventory, packaging etc.
- Quality assurance
- Assisting brewing team with brewing related issues, projects
- Troubleshooting equipment problems within the brewhouse
- Beer transfers – tank to tank/prep beers for packaging
- DE Filtration of beers
- Cleaning, sanitation and maintenance of brewhouse equipment and cellars
- Assisting other team members as needed – Packaging line, Brew house, etc
- Sanitizing of tanks, filter equipment, hoses, etc
- Proper handling of chemicals required for sanitization and cleaning of equipment
- Understanding and practicing all internal safety standards
- Being an everyday ambassador for delicious GLB beer
Experience & Requirements
- Passion for all things Craft Beer with a focus on the local community
- 2 years experience working in a brewhouse setting
- Good trouble shooting skills, and strong mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A problem solver with attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team, with minimal supervision
- Enjoys working under pressure and at a fast pace
- Experience handling chemicals with an emphasis on cleaning and sanitizing protocols
- Experience in a production environment preferred; experience with brewing an asset.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motions for extended periods of time
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50-100 pounds
- Understanding of the craft beer lifestyle
Here at GLB we hold ourselves to the highest standards in both our passion for beer, customer service and quality of product. If you feel like you are the right match for this position please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected] In the subject please note the position that you are applying for.
Great Lakes Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. Each job posting and candidate selection process that GLB undertakes will consider all qualified applicants for employment within the brewery without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. GLB will work with qualified applicants on accessibility accommodations during all levels of our internal recruitment process. Please notify GLB of any accessibility requirements in an email and our team will work alongside you to ensure your needs are met.
Schedule: Full Time, Hourly
Shift: Flexible schedule to accommodate irregular hours
Length of Contract: N/A
Probation period: 3 months upon which a review will take place
Work Location: Great Lakes Brewery
Posting Category: Production and Packaging
Please note – Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by Great Lakes Brewery.