Are you a rockstar individual who thrives in a fast-paced work environment? A person who loves craft beer and everything that goes with it? Someone who wants to work with local communities to elevate the Great Lakes Brewery brand while creating memorable experiences for customers one sip at a time… We’re looking for you.
In addition to maintaining and fostering existing events-relationships, the External Events and Partnerships Manager will seek out new and meaningful opportunities to further the brand presence of Great Lakes Brewery within the Ontario market. The External Events and Partnerships Manager will be responsible for the timely scheduling, registration, and organization of standing festivals and events. The External Events and Partnerships Manager will also actively seek out new and innovative means for Great Lakes to spread its message within the Ontario market through sound sponsorship opportunities and community partnerships.
A fiercely independent owned and operated brewery, Great Lakes celebrated 30 years in the craft beer business in 2017, making us one of the oldest craft breweries in Ontario.
Here at GLB we hold ourselves to the highest standards in both our passion for beer, customer service and quality of product. We believe that building strong relationships with our customers lays a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
Key Accountabilities and Activities
- At GLB we are proud of where we work. As such, we all take responsibility to keep our work area, building and surroundings clean and organized
- Develop and implement an overarching Events strategy based upon a strong understanding of the market, target demographics, our brands, and our business strategy to facilitate growth
- Develop sponsorship initiatives that enhance the brand and drive consumer engagement
- Bring creative insights, ideas, and strategies forward while working day-to-day to effectively manage plans, processes, and people for successful and timely execution
- As an involved member of the community, partner with various organizations and nonprofits that are like-minded and help express our core values
- Partner with non-profits and community organizations through beer donations and the coordination of our beer donation program
- Support and evaluate current strategic partner initiatives and helps cultivate new partnerships
- Act as a partner to our Marketing, Licensee and Retail Sales Teams to understand and achieve growth goals
- Help develop strategy and direction (1-2-year plan) for our external events and sponsorship vision
- Provide strategic insight and support to drive marketing campaigns for both on-premise and off-premise sales
- Develop and share social media assets that supports partner initiatives while increasing brand equity and online awareness
- Recruit and manage a dynamic events team that is responsible for representing the values and vision of the brewery in a safe and positive manner. Takes steps to ensure the recruitment of a diverse team, that reflects the communities we serve
- Understand key nuances of all event related dispensing units to ensure smooth activations while confident in ability to troubleshoot any issue that may arise
- Maintain a positive team environment, motivate, and develop each team member individually and the group
- Responsible for team members’ professional image and conduct while working at GLB events
- Developing a budget and costing model for events and work with Finance Department to submit purchase orders for new materials in compliance with company policy
- Completion of all events with timely and accurate reporting and tracking of event-related and sponsorship-related expenditures
Necessary Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 2 years of development and hands-on implementation of high-level event planning strategies combined with sponsorship wherewithal
- Beverage/Alcohol industry experience or within a similar CPG environment
- Exhibit flexibility, creativity and resourcefulness with sound business acumen to create a positive, collaborative culture within the team, the brewery and our markets
- Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple priorities at one time, to deliver results on time and within budget
- Strong knowledge of beverage dispensing units and beer related maintenance tools
- Smart Serve Certified with Retail Alcohol Sales designation
- Effective public speaking skills and presence
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Public/media/social media relations experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite 365, Google Drive and all social media platforms
Education and Certification Requirement/s:
- Completion of post-secondary education
- Certificate and/or Degree in Event Management is preferred
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated experience coordinating events in the hospitality industry
- Prud’homme Beer Certification is an asset
Great Lakes Brewery is in South Etobicoke. Conveniently accessed via TTC from Royal York Station, or via the Gardiner Expressway by car.
Why Should You Apply?
- Salaried position
- Sweet GLB vehicle (Ford Transit)
- Great team of passionate individuals
- Award-winning brewery
- #FreshGLB beers and a fun company culture
- This position is full time, flexible hours
Please submit applications by email to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Great Lakes Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. Each job posting and candidate selection process that GLB undertakes will consider all qualified applicants for employment within the brewery without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. GLB will work with qualified applicants on accessibility accommodations during all levels of our internal recruitment process. Please notify GLB of any accessibility requirements in an email and our team will work alongside you to ensure your needs are met.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.