Are you a detail-oriented individual that can lead a Finance/Administration team while providing exceptional customer service and support for our day-to-day operations? We are looking for you.
As the Finance/Administrative Supervisor you will be responsible for overseeing the finance team and performing various accounting functions. This role will also provide some Human Resources support for GLB.
A fiercely independent owned and operated brewery, Great Lakes celebrated 30 years in the craft beer business in 2017, making us one of the oldest craft breweries in Ontario.
Here at GLB we hold ourselves to the highest standards in both our passion for beer, customer service and quality of product. We believe that building strong relationships with our customers lays a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
Key Accountabilities and Activities
- Complete weekly payroll and all remittances (ie, source deductions, EHT, WSIB, etc.)
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts including credit cards, petty cash, etc.
- Enter and manage weekly payables
- Oversee and complete month-end financial reporting
- Support general office operations and supervise staff to ensure productivity
- Responsible for purchasing office supplies and equipment as needed
- Take prompt, decisive and corrective action to rectify any shortcomings
- Monitor, evaluate and implement problem-solving strategies and procedures
- Work with GM to write and implement policies and procedures
- Support the President and General Manager as needed
- Maintain a close working relationship with the IT department to assess equipment needs
- Manage departmental budget and report status to General Manager on a monthly basis
Necessary Knowledge and Experience
- 2+ years experience administering payroll
- Knowledge of Labour Standards Act
- 4-5 years experience in office management, including familiarity with writing policies
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and effective communication skills
- Competence with MS Office, Google Apps and QuickBooks Online
- Superb leadership skills and the ability to make decisions based on creative, structured strategies
- Excellent initiative and the ability to tackle unknown difficulties and change direction quickly
Education and Certification Requirement/s:
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration will be an asset
- Some experience in human resources, working with policies and procedures
- An interest in pursuing your knowledge in the finance field
- Experience in a senior clerical or executive secretarial position related to office administration
- Understanding of project management would be a benefit
Great Lakes Brewery is in South Etobicoke. Conveniently accessed via TTC from Royal York Station, or via the Gardiner Expressway by car.
Why Should You Apply?
- Salaried position
- Great team of passionate individuals
- Award-winning brewery
- #FreshGLB beers and a fun company culture
- This position is full time, flexible hours
Please submit applications by email to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Great Lakes Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. Each job posting and candidate selection process that GLB undertakes will consider all qualified applicants for employment within the brewery without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. GLB will work with qualified applicants on accessibility accommodations during all levels of our internal recruitment process. Please notify GLB of any accessibility requirements in an email and our team will work alongside you to ensure your needs are met.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.