15 May GLB JOB POSTING: Head Cook Food Truck
The Head Food Truck Cook will be responsible for ensuring all functions food truck related are executed on time. This position will be the point person between the brewery and Food Truck. The position will report to the General Manager and Chief Brewing Officer.
Food Truck Responsibilities
• Maintain levels of inventory and order supplies when running low
• Staff the food truck weekly and ensure all shifts are properly staffed
• Execute menu as developed, however there is lots of room for input and development
• Maintain a clean working environment during the day and after service
• Ensure proper prep is completed for a smooth service
• Create a welcoming and friendly atmosphere by greeting and engaging all guests
• Assist retail team in increasing beer and merchandise sales by creating ways to increase conversion rates and units per transaction (UPT’s)
• Handle cash/debit/credit transactions and complete end-of-day point of sale duties
• Stay educated on Great Lakes products, both current and upcoming, and share this knowledge enthusiastically
• Minimum 2 years kitchen experience
• Food handlers certified
• Ability to lead and teach staff
• Passion for all things Craft Beer with a focus on the local community
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of platforms such as Gmail and Excel
• Smart Serve Certified with Retail Alcohol Sales designation
• Be extremely friendly, outgoing, and have a positive attitude
• Value outstanding customer service to create and maintain the friendly, professional, and fun experience GLB is known for
• Be able to work alone or in a team environment
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• 18 years of age or older
• Full driver’s license is an asset
Here at GLB we hold ourselves to the highest standards in both our passion for beer, customer service and quality of product. If you feel like you are the right match for this position please send a CV and cover letter to . In the subject please note the position that you are applying for.
Great Lakes Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. Each job posting and candidate selection process that GLB undertakes will consider all qualified applicants for employment within the brewery without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. GLB will work with qualified applicants on accessibility accommodations during all levels of our internal recruitment process. Please notify GLB of any accessibility requirements in an email and our team will work alongside you to ensure your needs are met.
Schedule: Full-Time, Hourly
Shift: Flexible schedule to accommodate irregular hours (weekends, holidays, nights)
Probation period: 3 months upon which a review will take place
Work Location: Great Lakes Brewery – 30 Queen Elizabeth Blvd, Etobicoke On.
Posting Category: Food and Events
Please note – Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by Great Lakes Brewery.