Together with the maintenance team, participate in all the installation, repair and maintenance of building(s) and mechanical systems to ensure required tasks are completed for operational effectiveness.
A fiercely independent owned and operated brewery, Great Lakes celebrated 30 years in the craft beer business in 2017, making us one of the oldest craft breweries in Ontario.
Here at GLB we hold ourselves to the highest standards in both our passion for beer, customer service and quality of product. We believe that building strong relationships with our customers lays a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
Key Accountabilities and Activities
- At GLB we are proud of where we work. As such, we all take responsibility to keep our work area, building and surroundings clean and organized
- Perform all day to day multi-skilled maintenance functions, including but not limited to, machine maintenance, mechanical and electrical troubleshooting, facilities and grounds maintenance, and installation of new equipment throughout the brewery and restaurant campus
- Develop processes, plans for the regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, utilities, and facilities. Documents relevant maintenance activities to ensure that all stakeholders can access current and accurate information when necessary
- Manage communication between shifts and proper reporting of completed tasks
- Operate various types of tools & equipment safely and efficiently
- Ensure a safe workplace by complying with all company, OSHA, and Food Safety standards
- Maintain cleanliness of shop area, including participating in 5S efforts
- Establish a system for keeping accurate records of supplies needed to ensure smooth plant operations
- Create and maintain a priority listing of daily and weekly maintenance task and ensure that these priorities are available to related departments
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Necessary Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of prior manufacturing/production maintenance experience
- Maintenance experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, preferably food/beverage or CPG
- Solid troubleshooting, adjustment and repair skills with electrical and mechanical systems
- Knowledge of all maintenance MRO items (bearings, sprockets, chains, sensors, motors, gear boxes, O- rings, cylinders, etc.)
- Ability to operate independently or part of a team, and follow written or verbal instructions
- Computer literate (ability to navigate computer software such as Microsoft Office products)
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals, work orders, blueprints and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to stand and walk around facility for up to 8 hours per day, able to lift up to 50 pounds daily
- Ability to bend, stoop, and crawl under equipment and be able to climb ladders
- Ability to drive/operate Company vehicles (must have valid driver’s license)
Education and Certification Requirement/s:
Electrical Maintenance skills – Basic wiring, troubleshooting and repair of electrical components, controls and instrumentation
Welding, Machining & Fabrication skills – Stainless Steel and Sanitary Welding experience preferred
Experience with Boiler, Chiller, and HVAC systems maintenance and upkeep
Great Lakes Brewery is in South Etobicoke. Conveniently accessed via TTC from Royal York Station, or via the Gardiner Expressway by car.
Why Should You Apply?
- Salaried position
- Great team of passionate individuals
- Award-winning brewery
- #FreshGLB beers and a fun company culture
- This position is full time
Please submit applications by email to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Great Lakes Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. Each job posting and candidate selection process that GLB undertakes will consider all qualified applicants for employment within the brewery without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. GLB will work with qualified applicants on accessibility accommodations during all levels of our internal recruitment process. Please notify GLB of any accessibility requirements in an email and our team will work alongside you to ensure your needs are met.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.