The Sales Support employee represents Great Lakes Brewery (GLB) in building and maintaining relationships with our customers. This opportunity provides the individual with the chance to work with our Licensee, GLB Retail, Events and Experiences teams to create and foster the GLB experience.
We are looking for an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. An individual with a passion for selling the Great Lakes experience to consumers, both new and existing, in a variety of contexts and settings. The Sales Support employee will come with a thirst for the craft beer industry and a willingness to share GLB beer education in every consumer interaction. With a strong focus on providing outstanding customer service, the employee will have experience in dealing with a multitude of customers in many different aspects of the industry.
The Role – Essential Job Functions
- Execution on licensee support where needed
- Touch base
- Delivery of emergency stock replenishment and point of sale (POS) material
- Connect with current On-Premise accounts
- To ensure the execution of POS and our on-site branding program(s) is being executed
- Perform quality samplings (both staff and consumer)
- Engage in reoccurring draught quality audits
- Participate and support internal and external events both in and outside of the territory
- Event participation includes booth set-up, branding and marketing execution,
- Providing memorable experiences for consumers
- Identify key volume opportunities for the GLB Licensee team
- Manage individual time and activities to maximize effectiveness in defined territory
- Build long-lasting partnerships that will benefit both GLB and the external organization by providing more value than other competitive brewing companies
- Contribute to overall company drive for success and growth through sharing of competitive insights, marketing opportunities, customer feedback
- Execute the occasional emergency beer delivery or inter-store transfer
- Provide weekly reporting to Licensee Sales Manager
- Strong desire to gain experience in the craft beer industry sales field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience engaging customers with an infectious and positive personality
- A proven record of supporting and contributing to team environment and engaging all our communities
- Comfortable with working evenings, early mornings, weekends and/or holidays as necessary to support sales activities
- Must be able to maintain your professionalism while working in an environment of entertainment and alcohol
- Must have exceptional communication skills including the regular use of social media tools
- A clean driving record is essential
- Smart Serve Certified with Retail Alcohol sales designation
- 19 years of age or older
- Proficient in Google (Drive, Sheets, Doc)
- Drivers License – Class G (Required)
Here at GLB we hold ourselves to the highest standards in both our passion for beer, customer service and quality of product. If you feel like you are the right match for this position please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected]. In the subject please note the position that you are applying for.
Great Lakes Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. Each job posting and candidate selection process that GLB undertakes will consider all qualified applicants for employment within the brewery without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. GLB will work with qualified applicants on accessibility accommodations during all levels of our internal recruitment process. Please notify GLB of any accessibility requirements in an email and our team will work alongside you to ensure your needs are met.
Schedule: Full Time, Salary
Shift: Flexible schedule to accommodate both regular and irregular hours
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Probation period: 3 months upon which a review will take place
Work Location: Great Lakes Brewery and defined sales territory
Posting Category: Licensee Sales Manager
Please note – Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by Great Lakes Brewery.