Great Lakes Brewery (GLB), two-time Canadian Brewery of the Year and Toronto’s oldest independent brewer is looking to expand our presence in areas southwest of Toronto. In order to do this we are searching for the perfect GLB and Craft Beer ambassador to head up our Southwestern area sales division. The ideal candidate will have experience in craft beer sales as well as strong ties to the Mississauga, Hamilton, Kitchener/Waterloo, Guelph and London craft beer communities as a whole.
This person will be self-motivated, detail orientated, highly organized and comfortable working independently to meet targets. Being sales focused while maintaining the integrity of the GLB brand, the customer and the community is of utmost importance.
This is an all-encompassing role, supporting and fostering licensee and retail channel (LCBO, Grocery, TBS) growth while maintaining and strengthening our already great relationships with our partners.
- Increasing growth with existing licensees through frequent sales calls, events and promotions
- Build growth with existing retail channel partners through frequent sales calls, visits, and phone calls
- Handle accounts receivable for bars and restaurants
- Develop events with customers that highlight the GLB brand(s) while showcasing our fiercely independent brewery
- Expanding the brands reach by gaining new accounts within southwestern Ontario and the surrounding areas
- Providing GLB beer education to literally any person that will listen
- Service and support accounts orchestrating draught maintenance and line servicing
- Strengthen GLB’s online presence through social media posts on various platforms
- Minimum five years on-premise sales / retail channel experience ideally in the craft beer industry
- Very flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of customers and accounts
- A proven record of territory management and sales growth
- A self-starter who is able to work independently
- An intense competitive spirit with an assertive and confident personality
- A strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple responsibilities
- Comfortable with daily and weekly statistical reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, ekos, Google Drive, cloud based software and all major social media platforms
- An ability to identify major accounts that are not being penetrated by GLB brands
- Reliable vehicle with valid ‘G’ driver’s license, insurance and clean driving record
- Smart Serve certified
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds and maneuver an industry standard keg
Here at GLB we hold ourselves to the highest standards in both our passion for beer, customer service and quality of product. If you feel like you are the right match for this position please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected]. In the subject please note the position that you are applying for.
Great Lakes Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. Each job posting and candidate selection process that GLB undertakes will consider all qualified applicants for employment within the brewery without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. GLB will work with qualified applicants on accessibility accommodations during all levels of our internal recruitment process. Please notify GLB of any accessibility requirements in an email and our team will work alongside you to ensure your needs are met.
Schedule: Full Time, Salary
Shift: Flexible schedule to accommodate both regular and irregular hours
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Probation period: 3 months upon which a review will take place
Work Location: Great Lakes Brewery
Posting Category: Sales
Please note – Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by Great Lakes Brewery.