17 Sep Job Posting: Production Supervisor
Great Lakes Brewery (GLB) is a leader in the Ontario Craft Beer industry. As one of Ontario’s oldest independently owned and operated craft breweries, GLB has set the bar exceedingly high with respect to product innovation, customer service and safety practices.
GLB performs with a purpose. Constantly looking to innovate to sustain our people, our community and our business practices. We are looking to bring new ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes, and achieve the highest level of safety, all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products.
This position contributes to the success of GLB by directing the manufacturing front line team to meet customer needs and achieve standards related to cost, operating efficiencies, waste, safety and productivity. This individual must work with management to align the team to achieve production performance standards.
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
• Sets and achieves performance standards with regards to safety, line utilization, and quality
• Develops a team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach performance goals
• Works with the management team and floor staff to maximize production
• Able to troubleshoot basic operational issues
• Tracks key performance indicators/costs from a floor level and works with the management team to set accurate goals and targets
• Oversees and ensures facility equipment reliability to minimize downtime
• Builds people capability through effective employee training and communication for hourly personnel
• Ensures compliance with all health & safety regulations
• Assists in administering policies and procedures
• This role requires regular presence on the plant floor
• This role requires lifting 50 lbs. occasionally
• This role will operate forklift and manufacturing equipment occasionally
• This role may require off-shift and weekend work
• This role may require some travel (less than 5%)
• Understanding and knowledgeable in HACCP and WHMIS
• A minimum of 2 years of manufacturing or operations experience preferred
• Demonstrated planning and organization skills
• Demonstrated front-line supervisory skills
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Suite
• Forklift certified
• Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
• Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision making
• Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
• Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
• A valid driver’s licence would be an asset
Here at GLB we hold ourselves to the highest standards in both our passion for beer, customer service and quality of product. If you feel like you are the right match for this position please send a CV and cover letter to . In the subject please note the position that you are applying for.
Great Lakes Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. Each job posting and candidate selection process that GLB undertakes will consider all qualified applicants for employment within the brewery without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. GLB will work with qualified applicants on accessibility accommodations during all levels of our internal recruitment process. Please notify GLB of any accessibility requirements in an email and our team will work alongside you to ensure your needs are met.
Schedule: Full Time, Salary
Shift: Flexible schedule to accommodate both regular and irregular hours
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Probation period: 3 months upon which a review will take place
Work Location: Great Lakes Brewery
Posting Category: Production & Packaging
Please note – Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by Great Lakes Brewery. Posting is open until Wednesday September 26th