27 Aug Job Posting: Retail Store & Taproom Manager
Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager, the Retail Store Manager is responsible for all aspects of managing the day-to-day operations of the brewery-based taproom and retail store. This position is fast-paced, extremely engaging, and very social in nature. The Retail Store Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining memorable and exciting experiences for Great Lakes customers, exhibits outstanding organizational skills to efficiency lead a growing retail team and possesses strong leadership qualities with the ability to communicate with others.
The Retail Store Manager will play a significant role in shaping the culture and direction of the onsite community hub. The Retail Store Manager will be responsible for the timely scheduling of staff, assisting the Internal Events & Experiences Manager with onsite events and activations, implementing strong revenue growth initiatives, sourcing out and pricing brewery merchandise and creating a welcoming shopping experience. The Retail Store Manager will also actively seek out new and innovative means for GLB to spread its message through unique merchandising and beer release events.
The Retail Store Manager will also oversee employee training in all aspects of the retail store and taproom, manage the growth of staff, and create a warm and welcoming atmosphere that puts GLB customers front and centre. The position also includes the upkeep of POS materials and the delegation of tasks pertaining to them.
• Bi-Weekly scheduling of retail store and event staff (both internal & external)
• Creating weekly-monthly task(s) list for retail store employees
• Managing of store merchandise, store supplies (sourcing, ordering, forecasting)
• Responsible body on-site
• Bi-weekly meetings with Experiences Team staff
• Supervise the daily operations of retail store and taproom
• Staff education exercises (beer tastings, brewery visits, programming)
• Accountable for daily cash out reports – provided to Office Manager
• New staff training procedures
• Oversee and fulfill online store orders
• Reporting of daily, weekly and monthly retail store activities to Marketing Manager
• Inventory Management and reconciliation – daily reports (supplies/product/promotional)
• Passion for all things Craft Beer with a focus on customer service
• 3 years experience working in a retail environment
• History of building strong long-lasting relationships with both internal and external key stakeholders and partners
• Strong computer skills and knowledge (Google Drive [Sheets, Doc, Slides], Slack, WordPress)
• Managerial and/or supervisory experience in a retail environment
• Ability to learn and adapt to new software quickly (Shopify, Quickbooks, Ekos, Revel)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to effectively manage time and priorities; strong project management skills
• A high level of negotiation skills
• Ability to work independently to meet deadlines
• Ability to work within a team environment while maintaining interdepartmental relationships
• Smart Serve Certified with Retail Alcohol Sales designation
Here at GLB we hold ourselves to the highest standards in both our passion for beer, customer service and quality of product. If you feel like you are the right match for this position please send a CV and cover letter to . In the subject please note the position that you are applying for.
Great Lakes Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. Each job posting and candidate selection process that GLB undertakes will consider all qualified applicants for employment within the brewery without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. GLB will work with qualified applicants on accessibility accommodations during all levels of our internal recruitment process. Please notify GLB of any accessibility requirements in an email and our team will work alongside you to ensure your needs are met.
Schedule: Full Time, Salary
Shift: Flexible schedule to accommodate both regular and irregular hours
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Probation period: 3 months upon which a review will take place
Work Location: Great Lakes Brewery
Posting Category: Marketing & Communications
Please note – Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by Great Lakes Brewery. Posting it open until Monday September 10th