Seasonal Events Co-ordinator (Full-Time)
Great Lakes Brewery (GLB) is looking to add a seasonal events co-ordinator to our growing family. This is a full time job with a mixed schedule of days, evenings and weekends. Season runs mid-April through September.
The ideal candidate will be an outgoing, self-motivated, hardworking team leader with a passion for all things craft beer. This is a very engaging position that requires a person who loves working with the general public. We are looking for someone either enrolled in or finished events management training or has the equivalent in work experience. The job at times is physically demanding and also involves troubleshooting of draught systems and beer serving. This is a challenging but very rewarding and fun opportunity to work with an amazing team of passionate beer lovers!!
The responsibilities of this position include but are not restricted to:
- Booking, staffing and setting up of all events for the 2015 season
- Maintenance and inventory of all event tools (tents, draught systems, banners etc.)
- Acting as a GLB ambassador at all GLB and industry events throughout the season
- Staying current on all things GLB, news, beers, awards etc.
- Communicating with sales and brewery staff in regards to all event and product needs
- Detailed reporting and evaluation of events in regards to planning following year
- A background or education in event planning and management
- Valid G license with a clean driving record
- Smart Serve Certified
- An understanding of draught beer systems, both in operation and maintenance a serious asset although training will be provided to the right candidate
- Must be able to lift an industry standard keg
- Strong proficiency with all major MS Office programs
- Superb coordination skills with the ability to multi task while managing events staff during multiple events
- Excellent communication skills
Here at GLB we hold ourselves to the highest standards in both our passion for beer and customer service. If you feel like you are the right match for this position please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Please note that applications will be accepted until 11:59pm on Sunday May 24th. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be notified on Tuesday May 26th.