Published January 24, 2022
We popped over to Daily Bread Food Bank earlier this morning, our neighbours here in south Etobicoke, to hand over a cheque. A cheque in the amount of $6380.00 from our 13th annual Hops for Hunger campaign.
Here is the breakdown of this years contribution to fighting hunger in our community:
- 415 pours of Daily Bread White Eggnog Stout = $415 donation
- 2747 cans of White Eggnog Stout sold = $2747 donation
- 2189 cans of Belgian Winter Ale sold = $2189 donation
- Donations accepted through the GLB online store = $649 donation
- In store tap and pay donations = $240 donation
- Donations accepted during Food Drive = $380 donation
- Total donation = $6620
But wait! That’s not all!
During our 2nd annual Food Drive here at the brewery, customers came by in numbers and contributed 1689 pounds of non-perishable food items for the Daily Bread! Amazing, right!
- $6620 donations
- 1689 pounds of food collected
- = 8309 wholesome meals provided to those fighting food insecurity
Like every year, we couldn’t have achieved this without you, dear GLB supporter.
Thank you for purchasing cans of the Belgian Winter Ale and the White Eggnog Stout – beers made specifically for Daily Bread.
Thank you for attending our now annual Food Drive and donating food items and cash.
And thank you to all those who made monetary donations through our online shop and in our retail store.