Are you a detail-oriented individual that can assist our Finance/Administration team while providing exceptional customer service and support for our day-to-day operations?
As the Bookkeeper you will be responsible for performing various accounting functions while supporting the admin team.
A fiercely independent owned and operated brewery, Great Lakes celebrated 30 years in the craft beer business in 2017, making us one of the oldest craft breweries in Ontario.
Here at GLB we hold ourselves to the highest standards in both our passion for beer, customer service and quality of product. We believe that building strong relationships with our customers lays a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
Key Accountabilities and Activities
- Perform payroll functions in an accurate and timely manner
- Conduct reconciliation of all accounts
- Maintain and balance the general ledger
- Perform all activities related to the accounts payable function including reviewing, coding, and processing payments
- Perform account receivable functions including invoicing, deposits, and collections
- Prepare financial reports, as required
- Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work in order to ensure compliance with applicable standards
- Perform month-end closings
- Supervise accounting clerk
Necessary Knowledge and Experience
- 3-5 years relevant experience working in accounting and bookkeeping
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient skills in QuickBooks, ADP Workforce Now and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Retail & manufacturing experience
- Drivers’ License required (for bank deposits)
Great Lakes Brewery is in South Etobicoke. Conveniently accessed via TTC from Royal York Station, or via the Gardiner Expressway by car.
Why Should You Apply?
- Salaried position
- Great team of passionate individuals
- Award-winning brewery
- #FreshGLB beers and a fun company culture
- This position is full time, Monday to Friday
Please submit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Great Lakes Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. Each job posting and candidate selection process that GLB undertakes will consider all qualified applicants for employment within the brewery without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. GLB will work with qualified applicants on accessibility accommodations during all levels of our internal recruitment process. Please notify GLB of any accessibility requirements in an email and our team will work alongside you to ensure your needs are met.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.