Published January 24, 2022
As the GLB Community Engagement Manager, you’ll be the full-time digital brand leader of the brewery. This position requires a creative beer-loving mind who can be the voice of our brand in the digital spaces and the voice of our customers in the office. This position requires a flexible schedule: you are first foremost needed at the brewery, but you can also work from home, on the road, at events, and all around the city. As the Community Engagement Manager, you will embed yourself in beer culture, in GLB culture. You are the evangelist of all things GLB, leading all content initiatives and customer interactions. You will be the 24/7 customer service representative, ensuring constant two-way communication with consumers, providing exciting, up-to-the-minute dialogue that keeps consumers engaged and inspired.
Quality, integrity, people, and community make up the culture of GLB. We acknowledge and appreciate the role of our employees in making our company what it is today and strive to provide opportunities for our people to develop and grow in their careers.
A fiercely independently owned and operated brewery, Great Lakes Brewery (or affectionately known as GLB) just celebrated 34 years in the craft beer business, making us one of the oldest independent craft breweries in Canada. We have been named the Best Brewery in Ontario and twice awarded the Canadian Brewery of the Year.
Key Accountabilities and Activities
- Power all digital and social media channels: greatlakesbeer.com, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat, Youtube, and more
- Chief content creator and storyteller – Develop, produce and promote content related to GLB and all of GLB’s products
- Ensure superior communication is provided to consumers, including adapting key messages to fit the needs of the target audience as appropriate
- Bring creative insights, ideas, and strategies forward while working day-to-day to effectively manage plans, processes, and people for successful and timely execution
- Promote, document and attend all GLB-related events
- Assist with the coordination and execution of all promotions, events and partner activations
- Assisting sales force in expediting procurement of printed/copy information; images and graphics
- Help develop strategy and direction for our packaged goods launch
- Provide strategic insight and support to drive marketing campaigns for both on-premise and off-premise sales.
- Oversee the direction of marketing assets to support our Sales Team (Licensee and Retail Channel, including brewery Retail Store) in the field including signage, event display, and POS promotional materials.
- Oversee the development and execution of marketing communications including branding, campaigns, public relations, advertising, trade shows, events and online presence
- Develop and execute social media strategy and content calendar that supports customer initiatives while increasing brand equity and online awareness.
- Maintain a positive team environment, motivate, and develop each team member individually and the group as a whole
- Work with the Senior Manager: Sales and Marketing and the President on all internal communications
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Beverage/Alcohol industry experience is preferred
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to listen and communicate effectively
- Experience creating & publishing content and engaging with audience on behalf of brands on social platforms
- Additional experience in creating video content, using editing software, graphic design, email marketing is a big bonus
- Exhibit flexibility, creativity and resourcefulness with sound business acumen to create a positive, collaborative culture within the team, the brewery and our markets
- Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple priorities at one time, to deliver results on time and within budget
- Must have an interest in exploring new and growing social platform technologies
- Experience in TV, journalism and/or photography considered an asset
- A willingness to step in front of a camera and be the face of GLB on all our digital outlets
- A people person, a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to build and develop professional relationships; able to work with multiple levels of management, prioritizing and adapting personality to fit the needs of audience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Teams
Education and certification Requirements:
- A Communications or Marketing University degree OR equivalent post graduate College diploma OR 2-3 related business experience in a related field is necessary
GLB is located in South Etobicoke. Conveniently accessed via TTC from Royal York Station, or via the Gardiner Expressway by car. The Mimico GO Station is within a 10-minute walk from the brewery.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive wage – Salaried position
- Award-winning brewery
- Company phone and computer
- Career development opportunities
- #FreshGLB beer
- Great support from team members
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Store discount
Here at GLB we hold ourselves to the highest standards in both our passion for beer, customer service and quality of product. If you feel like you are the right match for this position, please apply HERE. We want to see your social links. Or, if you prefer, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. In the subject, please note the position that you are applying for.
Great Lakes Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. Each job posting and candidate selection process that GLB undertakes will consider all qualified applicants for employment within the brewery without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. GLB will work with qualified applicants on accessibility accommodations during all levels of our internal recruitment process. Please notify GLB of any accessibility requirements in an email and our team will work alongside you to ensure your needs are met.
Schedule: Full Time, Salary
Shift: Flexible schedule to accommodate both regular and irregular hours
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Probation period: 3 months upon which a review will take place
Salary: $50,000 – $55,000 per year
Work Location: Great Lakes Brewery
Posting Category: Marketing
Please note – Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by Great Lakes Brewery.