Are you a detail oriented, self-starter with a passion for all things craft beer? Do you have strong interpersonal skills, and have strong community values. Does the thought of interacting with other craft beer aficionados while dropping off #FRESHGLB on doorsteps each and every day give you the warm and fuzzies?
Great Lakes Brewery is currently searching for the right fit to join our Home Delivery Team, and it could very well be you!
A fiercely independent owned and operated brewery, Great Lakes Brewery (GLB) celebrated 34 years in the craft beer business in 2021, making us one of the oldest independent craft breweries in Canada. We have been named the Best Brewery in Ontario multiple times (Golden Tap Awards) and were twice awarded the Canadian Brewery of the Year (Canadian Brewing Awards).
Here at GLB we hold ourselves to the highest standards in both our passion for beer, customer service and quality of product.
Reporting to the Retail Store and Taproom Manager, the Home Delivery Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing amazing customer service and assisting customers while on the road, delivering #FRESHGLB to GLB customers across the GTA. This role is built for an efficiently charismatic craft beer enthusiast with a strong attention to detail and a passion for the local community.
Home Delivery / Customer Service Representative Roles:
- Complete a load up of Home Delivery Orders, ensuring that each order is packed correctly into a GLB Fleet Vehicle
- Successfully navigate a daily Home Delivery Route using smartphone map technology
- Treat every Home Delivery drop as a brand connection experience with an emphasis on customer service and attentiveness
- Ensure that orders are dropped off accurately, and to the correct customers, communicating errors emphatically whenever necessary
- Handle customer concerns/questions to the best of your ability
- Navigate your route and return to the Brewery in an efficient manner
- Complete an end of day log report indicating mileage/vehicle condition/etc
- Strong knowledge of the Greater Toronto Area road system, and a comfortability of operating a large cargo vehicle while efficiently navigating the streets
- Comfortable working solo for long periods of time
- Able to embody the hard working, positive, customer first GLB culture and translate that to customer interactions
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- Must be comfortable with your chosen method of cell phone map technology (Google Maps, Waze, Apple Maps)
- An understanding of small automotive fixes and how to assess them would be considered an asset
- Must be comfortable lifting up to 50lbs repeatedly throughout the day
- 18 years of age or older
- Full driver’s license required
- Smart Serve Certified with Retail Alcohol Sales designation required
GLB is located in South Etobicoke. Conveniently accessed via TTC from Royal York Station, or via the Gardiner Expressway by car. The Mimico GO Station is within a 10-minute walk from the brewery.
Why Should You Apply?
- Award-winning brewery
- Use of company vehicle
- Use of company phone
- #FreshGLB beer
- Great support from team members
Please submit applications by email to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Great Lakes Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. Each job posting and candidate selection process that GLB undertakes will consider all qualified applicants for employment within the brewery without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. GLB will work with qualified applicants on accessibility accommodations during all levels of our internal recruitment process. Please notify GLB of any accessibility requirements in an email and our team will work alongside you to ensure your needs are met.
Schedule: Part time, Hourly wage
Shift: Flexible schedule to accommodate irregular hours (weekends, holidays, nights)
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Probation period: 3 months upon which a review will take place
Work Location: Great Lakes Brewery
Posting Category: Marketing & Communications
Please note – Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by Great Lakes Brewery.