Are you an amazing individual who excels at providing exceptional customer service and loves selling in a fast-paced, fun and rewarding environment? Come join our team as a Licensee Territory Manager (Toronto – GTA – West) and be part of selling #FreshGLB to Toronto pubs, bars and restaurants while building long lasting relationships with key industry stakeholders!
A fiercely independent owned and operated brewery, Great Lakes celebrated 36 years in the craft beer business in 2023, making us one of the oldest craft breweries in Ontario. Here at GLB we hold ourselves to the highest standards in both our passion for beer, customer service and quality of product. We believe that building strong relationships with our customers lays a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
- Promote brewery products and maintain professional business relations with accounts in assigned territory
- Engage in the company’s strategic goals and support the company’s stated values and initiatives
- Direct calls on accounts, sell in initiatives including new brands, formats and marketing promotions
- Promote additional placements and increased velocity of brewery products
- Conduct daily sales calls to on premise retailers
- Achieve and maintain expected goals and targets
- Conduct samplings, on premise promotions and events
- Complete and submit weekly and monthly recaps and reports
- Schedule “brand ambassadors” ensuring they are equipped with the necessary tools, resources and training
- Ensure the GLB brand is clearly and properly represented to company standards in each establishment
- Manage and operate within assigned expense and promotions budget.
- Distribute POS materials to maximize use of POS
- Ensure customer inventories are rotated properly and in code
- Educate customers on use and care of products to ensure quality of experience
- Independently problem-solve issues on-site and in keeping with GLB’s goals and values and enhancing, where possible, the customer experience
- In consultation with the Licensee Sales Manager, find new and innovative ways to promote our product at the licensee level in ways that benefit both parties in terms of ROI
- Bring awareness of competitors and industry trends to the Licensee Team
Necessary Knowledge and Experience
- 3 years’ experience in the Craft Beer marketplace.
- Familiar with territory (Toronto, Mississauga, Etobicoke)
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- Self-motivated with proven ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with computers, specifically Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to move 35 pounds (keg)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to operate in a team environment as well as autonomously
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while maintaining a high level of organization
- Willingness to work flexible and extended hours as needed including evenings and weekends
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a driving record considered acceptable based on insurance company’s matrix
Education and Certification Requirements
- Smart Serve Certified with Retail Alcohol sales designation
- Post-secondary education
GLB is located in South Etobicoke. Conveniently accessed via TTC from Royal York Station, or via the Gardiner Expressway by car. The Mimico GO Station is within a 10-minute walk from the brewery.
Why Should You Apply?
- Salary: Starting at $55,000
- Great team of passionate individuals
- Award-winning brewery
- Health Spending Account
- Education and trip programming
- GLB branded vehicle
- #FreshGLB beers and a fun company culture
- This position is full time
FUN:We’re here because we enjoy being here. At GLB, fun happens even when we’re breaking a sweat.
TEAM: Everything we do, we do together, and for each other.
APPROACHABILITY: We put people – our neighbours, supporters, and team at the fundamental core of all we do.
COMMUNITY: We tirelessly play an active role in fostering and strengthening ties with our neighbours, supporters, and team.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We believe accountability breeds trust among clients, team members, and neighbours. We do what we say we’ll do.
Please submit applications by email to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Great Lakes Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. Each job posting and candidate selection process that GLB undertakes will consider all qualified applicants for employment within the brewery without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. GLB will work with qualified applicants on accessibility accommodations during all levels of our internal recruitment process. Please notify GLB of any accessibility requirements in an email and our team will work alongside you to ensure your needs are met.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Full Time, Salary
Shift: Flexible schedule to accommodate both regular and irregular hours
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Probation period: 3 months upon which a review will take place
Work Location: Great Lakes Brewery
Posting Category: Sales