Together with the maintenance team, participate in all the installation, repair and maintenance of building(s) and mechanical systems to ensure required tasks are completed for operational effectiveness.
A fiercely independent owned and operated brewery, Great Lakes celebrated 34 years in the craft beer business in 2021, making us one of the oldest craft breweries in Ontario.
Here at GLB we hold ourselves to the highest standards in both our passion for beer, customer service and quality of product. We believe that building strong relationships with our customers lays a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
Key Accountabilities and Activities
- Take initiative to keep production, packaging, and work areas clean and organized
- Support preventative maintenance program activities including but not limited to equipment cleaning, lubricating and inspecting, systems testing, data recording, parts replacement, and assembly overhauls
- Carryout facilities and grounds cleaning and maintenance
- Install new packaging and process equipment
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair automated packaging equipment (filler, conveyors, depalletizer packer etc…)
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair brewhouse process equipment (pumps, heat exchangers, valves, filters, grain mill and delivery equipment, chillers etc…)
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair building’s systems (boilers, HVAC, compressors, etc…)
- Support storage and control of all parts and tool inventories throughout the building
- Operate tools and equipment safely and effectively.
- Remain actively engaged with managers
- Identify and communicate equipment deficiencies, safety issues and plant improvement opportunities
- Packaging support when required
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Necessary Knowledge and Experience
- Good understanding of mechanical principals
- Ability to work with a variety of hand and power tools
- Understanding of compressors and pneumatic systems
- Experience with chillers and refrigerant systems
- Basic competency with MIG, TIG and Stick welding
- Experience with plumbing and pipefitting
- Hold a basic understanding of electrical principals and safety practices
- Able to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings
- Knowledge of equipment automation is an asset
- Experience operating a forklift, scissor aerial lift, driving a cube van and / or 5 tonne truck (DZ license an asset)
- Clean & Valid Driver’s License
- Able to work under minimal supervision, as well as with a team
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- Hold strong problem-solving skills and able to work under pressure
- Team player with a positive attitude
Education and Certification Requirement/s:
- Post-Secondary Education or trade school training is desired but not mandatory
- Trade certification an asset
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in industrial maintenance
Great Lakes Brewery is in South Etobicoke. Conveniently accessed via TTC from Royal York Station, or via the Gardiner Expressway by car.
Why Should You Apply?
- Salaried position
- Great team of passionate individuals
- Award-winning brewery
- Health Spending Account
- #FreshGLB beers and a fun company culture
- This position is full time
Please submit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Great Lakes Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. Each job posting and candidate selection process that GLB undertakes will consider all qualified applicants for employment within the brewery without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. GLB will work with qualified applicants on accessibility accommodations during all levels of our internal recruitment process. Please notify GLB of any accessibility requirements in an email and our team will work alongside you to ensure your needs are met.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.