Are you a detail orientated individual that can lead an Administration team while providing exceptional customer service and support for our day-to-day operations? We’re looking for you.
To monitor and support the services to both internal and external customer through the Administration Team, by ensuring the accurate and efficient use of processes and technologies to achieve goals. To provide Human Resources support at GLB.
A fiercely independent owned and operated brewery, Great Lakes celebrated 30 years in the craft beer business in 2017, making us one of the oldest craft breweries in Ontario.
Here at GLB we hold ourselves to the highest standards in both our passion for beer, customer service and quality of product. We believe that building strong relationships with our customers lays a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
Key Accountabilities and Activities
- Overseeing general office operation and organizing teams to complete daily work assignments and special projects as needed
- Ensuring all calls are answer and customers are greeted in the GLB manor, answering a high-volume of incoming phone calls and delivering excellent service to our customers
- When needed Coordinating appointments and meetings and managing staff calendars and schedules
- Supervising, mentoring, training, and coaching our office staff and delegating assignments to ensure maximum productivity
- Supporting the President, General Manager as needed
- Responsible for purchasing office supplies and equipment and maintaining proper stock levels
- Producing reports (e.g. productivity, staff turnover) and composing correspondence
- Encouraging the administrative team to achieve objectives
- Prioritizing important office tasks and making sure they get done first
- Taking prompt, decisive and corrective action to rectify any staff shortcomings
- Work with GM and senior management, monitoring, evaluating and implementing problem-solving strategies and procedures to enhance employee satisfaction
- Working with GM to write and implement policies and procedures regarding a variety of in-house operations including HR
- Manage and negotiate accounts and relationships with vendors, utility providers and other service establishments in order to keep accounts up-to-date and paid on time
- Maintain a close working relationship with the IT department to assess equipment needs and deal with issues quickly to return staff and equipment to full operation
- Manage department budget, keep financial records and report status to General Manager on a monthly basis
- Administer employee development, employee benefits and health and safety programs
- Prepare and process the payroll
- Attend committee meeting as needed or requested as the lead in human resources
Necessary Knowledge and Experience
- Five years’ prior experience in office management, including familiarity with writing policy
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and effective organizational skills
- Competence with MS Office and Google Apps
- Superb leadership skills and the ability to make decisions based on creative, structured strategies
- Excellent initiative and the ability to tackle unknown difficulties and change direction quickly
Education and Certification Requirement/s:
- A university degree or college diploma in business or public administration will be an asset
- 4-5 years experience working and managing in an office environment
- Some experience in human resources, working with policies and procedures
- Several years of experience as a personnel officer or human resource specialist are required
- An interest in pursuing your knowledge in the human resource field
- Experience in a senior clerical or executive secretarial position related to office administration
- Understanding of project management would be a benefit
Great Lakes Brewery is in South Etobicoke. Conveniently accessed via TTC from Royal York Station, or via the Gardiner Expressway by car.
Why Should You Apply?
- Salaried position
- 5-day work week, no weekends! Unless you are interested in our extra-hours (ie. Community Engagement Program)
- Award-winning brewery
- #FreshGLB beers and a fun company culture
- This position is full time, Monday to Friday.
Please submit applications by email to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Great Lakes Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. Each job posting and candidate selection process that GLB undertakes will consider all qualified applicants for employment within the brewery without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. GLB will work with qualified applicants on accessibility accommodations during all levels of our internal recruitment process. Please notify GLB of any accessibility requirements in an email and our team will work alongside you to ensure your needs are met.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.