Reporting to the Experiences Manager, the Retail & Taproom Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing amazing customer service and passionately engaging with a diverse and expanding customer base in the brewery retail store, Etobicoke Taproom, and at select Ontario beer events and activations.
This role is built for dynamic and motivated craft beer fans that have a passion for customer engagement, community, and of course – amazing craft beer. The dynamic day to day environment will cover aspects of selling to go beer in our Etobicoke retail store, pouring #FreshGLB draught in our taproom, stocking shelves, executing internal beer releases, handling cash and debit transactions, and being a valued first point of contact on behalf of Great Lakes Brewery.
Retail Store and Taproom Responsibilities
- Create a welcoming and friendly atmosphere by greeting, engaging, and assisting all guests regardless of their familiarity with the industry, the brand, or the products themselves.
- Customize each guest experience through passionate and accessible customer education on the rich history of Great Lakes Brewery, making sure to keep on top of the expansive and ever-changing lineup of GLB products.
- Handle cash/debit/credit transactions and complete end-of-day point of sale duties with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must maintain an exceptional standard of cleanliness across the retail and patio footprint, regularly check the washrooms for cleanliness and tidiness and empty retail garbage and recycling.
- Enthusiastically serve tasting flights and glasses of #FreshGLB in the taproom and on the GLB Patio in warmer months, always ensuring responsible service of alcohol under Ontario Smart Serve Guidelines.
- Maintain a stocked shelf of beer clean glassware through regular service hours, utilizing industrial dish washer to ensure that every pour is presented in a glass that showcases the product to the best of its ability.
- Learn and understand the inventory control process for beer and merchandise transfers, ensure that retail fridges, walk in fridge, and merchandise displays remain stocked, faced, and ready for action.
- Become an enthusiastic, and active face of the GLB brand, participating in social media initiatives where applicable.
- Promptly answer the GLB Retail cell phone to help with customer inquiries and drive traffic to the GLB Locations and Home Delivery Platform.
GLB Home Delivery Responsibilities (for applicants with a valid G Licence)
- Attend scheduled shifts on time and for their complete duration
- Complete Daily Home Delivery Duties
- Complete End of Day Reports
- Report all failed deliveries to reporting Manager through Routing Software
- Ensure packaging area, equipment and materials are kept clean and organized
- Complete weekly vehicle maintenance checks and perform minor vehicle maintenance (filling fluids, tires, etc.)
- Operating a GLB owned fleet vechicle with care and caution while driving through the duration of your daily shift. This mean adhering to all Traffic Laws, driving defensively, and reporting any incidents to management.
- If traffic violations occur resulting in charges against the GLB, the individual employee will be responsible to pay these charges out of their own pocket
- Passion for all things Craft Beer with a focus on the local community and diverse team environments.
- Certificates in beer education programs (Prud’homme, Cicerone) considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of platforms such as Teams, Square, Untappd.
- Smart Serve Certified with Retail Alcohol Sales designation.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- 19 years of age or older.
- Retail or bartending experience is preferred.
- Full G driver’s license is an asset (for event activations and home delivery).
Why Should You Apply?
- $16.00/hr starting pay – $18.00/hr after 3 month probation
- Award-winning brewery
- Ability to create memorable experiences
- Friends & Family Discount
FUN: We’re here because we enjoy being here. At GLB, fun happens even when we’re breaking a sweat.
TEAM: Everything we do, we do together, and for each other.
APPROACHABILITY: We put people – our neighbours, supporters, and team at the fundamental core of all we do.
COMMUNITY: We tirelessly play an active role in fostering and strengthening ties with our neighbours, supporters, and team.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We believe accountability breeds trust among clients, team members, and neighbours. We do what we say we’ll do.
Please submit applications by email to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Great Lakes Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. Each job posting and candidate selection process that GLB undertakes will consider all qualified applicants for employment within the brewery without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. GLB will work with qualified applicants on accessibility accommodations during all levels of our internal recruitment process. Please notify GLB of any accessibility requirements in an email and our team will work alongside you to ensure your needs are met.
Schedule: Full-Time or Part-Time, Hourly
Shift: Flexible schedule to accommodate irregular hours (weekends, holidays, nights)
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Probation period: 3 months upon which a review will take place
Work Location: Great Lakes Brewery
Please note – Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by Great Lakes Brewery.