We are seeking a passionate, experienced professional with a background in both customer service and hospitality to join our team as a Front of House Manager. The ideal candidate for this position will have exceptional people skills, be comfortable interacting with both employees and customers and enjoy creating unique dining experiences. A successful candidate will be responsible for communicating with customers in a friendly manner and working with the General Manager and Supervisors to ensure excellent service to patrons while they are dining at our restaurant.
Are you an amazing individual who loves creating memorable experiences, building something from the ground up, thrives in providing a best-in-class team experience and loves both the craft beer and restaurant industry? Come join our team as a FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER, GLB Brewpub and be part of introducing Toronto to an all-new way of enjoying #FreshGLB in an exciting new location.
The ideal Front of House Manager will have vast experience in all facets of the hospitality industry, including mentoring teams and developing talent, leadership, and those who provide exceptional service through pride, ownership, and initiative.
Key Responsibilities & Operations:
- Take appropriate action when dealing with difficult customers
- Knowledge of safety standards and procedures
- Able to communicate with staff, management, and customers
- Understand how to create and maintain a positive atmosphere in the restaurant
- Meet or exceed the customer’s expectations
- Have knowledge of pertinent regulations and laws
- Manage the restaurant operations daily
- Scheduling Front of House employees – familiarity with 7shifts
- Financial reporting to the General Manager
- Assisting the General Manager with onsite events
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role & concept
- Passionate about customer service and the craft beer culture
- Ability to work early mornings, days, late nights and alternating shifts (days, evenings, weekends, holidays)
- Experience in new restaurant openings
- Proven ability and experience in implementing point of sale, inventory management systems, online scheduling and payroll functions
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to train and delegate
- Post-secondary Degree/Diploma in Hospitality Management, Food and Beverage Management and/or equivalent an asset
A fiercely independent owned and operated brewery, Great Lakes celebrated 36 years in the craft beer business in 2023, making us one of the oldest craft breweries in Ontario. Here at GLB we hold ourselves to the highest standards in both our passion for beer, customer service and quality of product. We believe that building strong relationships with our customers lays a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity. GLB opened their second location in Toronto’s East Bayfront neighbourhood, GLB Brewpub, in May 2022.
The GLB Brewpub is located at East Bayfront neighbourhood here in Toronto, occupying units 5-8 at 11 Lower Jarvis Street (Lower Jarvis/Queen’s Quay) in the Daniels Waterfront ‘City of the Arts’ building. We joined other amazing businesses and schools like George Brown, OCAD University, The ReMix Project, Artscape, Universite de l’Ontario Francais, and more.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive pay – Salaried position
- Health spending account
- Competitive dining expense account
- Underground parking space
- Award-winning brewery
- #FreshGLB beer