Published on August 16, 2021
It’s been a wild ride since March 2020, one that we couldn’t have weathered without the support of so many amazing individuals out there in the province. A big thank you for shopping local and supporting our fiercely independent craft brewery. Your continued loyalty is very much appreciated and every individual who make up the GLB team works extremely hard each day to show our gratitude – through terrific customer service to building and sustaining strong relationships with everyone who reaches for a fresh can of our product. Thank you!
So, we share the following news with you today in an effort of transparency, because you deserve to hear it from us and not at cash-out at your local LCBO, Grocery Store, Beer Store or here at the brewery retail store.
Today (August 16, 2021), GLB will implement a small price increase across three of our core brands. You’ve heard it from pretty much all industries – costs for ingredients, packaging, transportation, etc., continues to rise and we’ve absorbed as much of that as we could for a good period of time. As leaders in the Ontario craft brewing industry, GLB continues to respect quality and value, ensuring our brands are consistently spectacular day in and day out, yet affordably attainable for all.
As you can see below, Canuck Pale Ale, one of the best valued beers in all of Ontario, is now $3.00 (473ml can), an increase of $.10 per can. We feel that this new price for Canuck still represents the best value for the liquid you get in each can. Pompous Ass English Ale is now $2.85 and Octopus Wants to Fight IPA comes in at $3.45.
With respect to case pricing, here at the GLB Retail store and at select Beer Stores, please note that Canuck, Pompous Ass, and Octopus prices will remain the same ($54, $54, $72 respectively). Case pricing here at the brewery retail store for our other brands (Great Lakes Lager, Vienna Lager, Sunnyside Session IPA, BURST! New England Pale, HazeMama New England IPA) will also remain the same.
Our promise to you:
- GLB will continue to push boundaries in innovation (beer, packaging, marketing)
- GLB will continue offering exciting one-offs, seasonals and experimental creations
- GLB will continue to provide the same level of quality customer service that you’ve come to know and expect from any staff member in our employ
- GLB will continue to offer value-based brands produced with the finest ingredients that are amongst the most competitively priced in Ontario
- GLB will continue to support organizations and companies that do amazing things in local communities
Again, thank you for your continued support!